1) Jerry and Zuzanna just returned from a month in the USA. It was great to see many old friends and to make new ones. Pray that we all grow in our partnership to see the Balkans won for Christ.
2) The IST Banquet was a success and we are grateful for all God did to raise the awareness of the needs in the Balkans. Pray that Jerry and Zuzanna will be obedient and sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit as they lead Intentional Strategies for Transformation.
3) Pray for the Upper Room Denver team as they come to minister at URGS (Zagreb House of Prayer) September 13th thru 15th. As they teach and model the deeper-life concepts of prayer and worship, may all participants grow in Him and be transformed.
4) Pray for Croatia. After the great victories of the Croatian Soccer (Football) team in the World Cup and the visual unity that swept the country, may there be unity seen across all spheres of the culture.
5) Pray for the IST Learning Program for the Roma (Gypsy) children in Romania. We have a gap of $4660 still needed for the 2018-2019 school year.
From Jerry’s Desk
Question: Is Kosovo becoming its own country?
In 2008 Kosovo declared total independence from Federal Yugoslavia. This came about in the aftermath of the Kosovo war of 1999 where NATO intervened to help the Kosovars achieve their separation from Serbia. I still have many questions about that war and the procedures taken by NATO but I/we may never learn all the answers. I go back to my original question, “Is Kosovo becoming its own country?” That remains to be seen.
Most of all, as an intercessor, what I seek is that Serbia and Kosovo will come to know the liberating peace that only the Gospel can give. I recently read a somewhat unbiased article titled, From Enver Hoxha to Bill Clinton. Although the author, James Robertson, never mentions Bill Clinton by name in the body of the article, it was his administration that led in these actions. I seriously ask for prayer for Serbia and Kosovo. Currently there is deep hatred in both peoples toward the other. May the Lord take what was meant for destruction, confusion and hatred and turn into a miracle of reconciliation. At one time, King David was able to reunite Israel. To see God unite these two countries in our life-time would be an amazing mircale. To help you understand the transformation Kosovo has went through, I suggest you read the full article mentioned above. Link: https://www.balkaneu.com/op-edfrom-enver-hoxha-to-bill-clinton/