Sunday, March 19, 2017
Pray for Macedonia
In the News: Macedonian president warns EU, NATO of Albanian meddling By Georgi Gotev
In a letter sent to European Council President Donald Tusk ahead of the 9-10 March EU summit, Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov warned against attempts by Western powers to impose on his country a political platform “written in Tirana”.
On 1 March Ivanov refused to allow a coalition of Social Democrats and parties representing the country’s big ethnic Albanian minority to form a government because of their pledge to allow wider official use of the Albanian language.
“The Tirana platform became a condition for forming the government of the Republic of Macedonia,” Ivanov wrote.
The so-called Tirana Platform was discussed by the three ethnic Albanian parties in Macedonia and with Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama in Tirana, and was later signed in Skopje on 8 January. It seeks, among other things, to give Albanian the status of an official language in Macedonia.
Russia has accused Albania, NATO and the European Union (on 2 March) of trying to impose a pro-Albanian government on Macedonia.
“The platform is a post-elections document, adopted in another country, in a cabinet of a foreign statesman and with the mediation of a Prime Minister of a foreign country,” Ivanov wrote. Reportedly, the Platform was drafted in the cabinet of Albanian Foreign Minister Ditmir Bushati with the approval of Rama and was also discussed in Prishtina [Kosovo]. http://www.euractiv.com/section/elections/news/macedonian-president-warns-eu-nato-of-albanian-meddling/
Any time a government of a nation tries to influence another sovereign countries’ laws and policies through the back door, there should be concern. God deals with nations on a one-on-one basis, and they as a nation must stand before Him to give an account. (Matt. 25:31-34, Psalms 74:17) God will at times use other nations to punish a nation, but in the end the citizenry of that nation is responsible for it’s own representation before God. This is a pivotal time for Macedonia, and a fight for its very survival.
There is a House of Prayer in Skopje, Macedonia that has been operating for 5 years. God has pulled together a very responsible team of intercessors to stand in the gap there. (Ezekiel 22:30) Visit them at www.makhop.org
The Macedonian problem is very connected with the rest of the region of South Easter Europe (SEE) or otherwise known as the Balkans. The region is plagued by powerful entrenched problems; politically, ethnically and territorially. The countries are having a hard time learning to govern themselves. For centuries they were governed and manipulated by empires mainly residing outside the region. Even now the EU, NATO and other outside forces are trying to impose unworkable solutions. Most of these SEE countries are in deep debt to international bankers and corruption runs rampant.
1) Here at IST Group we try to tap into the heart of God to know the desires He has for SEE as a whole. Let the Lord give you a mental picture of the SEE map, and then pray for the region. May His plan be released.
2) Ask the Lord how you can pray for Macedonia. This downward slide toward a civil war must be stopped; especially in the spirit.
3) There is generally a war somewhere in SEE in every generation. May this generation be the one to break this cycle and curse.
4) Pray for the House of Prayer in Skopje, Macedonia. May the Lord give them authority in the spirit to bring down principalities.
5) There is no evangelical church among the ethnic Albanians of Macedonia and they are mainly Muslim. Let us pray that the Lord would rise up a champion that can walk in and out among them to proclaim the Gospel.
6) Pray for existing ministries who work with the ethnic Albanians in Macedonia. May strength, wisdom and love be their portion.
7) Let us pray for the Peacemaker to arise in the SEE countries. Only the King of kings can properly direct the hearts of these governments.
8) Even the common people in the region recognize that corruption is a curse upon their countries. Let us as Christians, cry out for justice. In your mind, now write the word JUSTICE across the mental picture of the region of SEE.