Monday, April 25, 2016
Pray for Bulgaria
As we pray for the Balkans each fourth week of the month, let us highlight Bulgaria this time.
We received feedback from some Bulgarian friends on conditions in their country.
Bulgarians celebrate Good Friday on April 29th and Easter on Sunday, May 1st. So, I think a primary prayer focus would be that more Bulgarians grasp the reality of Christ dying on the cross for our sins that we may join him in resurrection living.
Bulgaria is struggling spiritually - Many claim Christianity but it is cultural and not religious in nature. Due to hard economic times many people work many jobs and have no time for God or the church. They are still by enlarge a conservative people but with EU requirements that too is changing.
In some areas the Orthodox Church makes being an evangelical difficult but since it was revealed a few years ago that may of the Orthodox Church leaders were part of the communist party - even the Orthodox Church has lost its impact especially with the youth.
…we recently had a big crusade with Daniel Kolender. That CFAN ministries. [Daniel Kolender is being raised up to flow in the anointing of Reinhard Bonnke]
From the Facebook page of Evangelist Daniel Kolender
I thank God for what He did in Plovdiv, Bulgaria this past weekend! The power of the Holy Spirit touched so many people there. May Bulgaria continue to be changed by the power of the Gospel in Jesus name!
1) Let us praise the Lord for the recent crusade by Daniel Kolendar and others. Thank You, Lord, for visiting Bulgaria through these evangelist.
2) Let us pray that those receiving Jesus at this crusade would not fall away. Holy Spirit we ask that a special protection be assigned to their souls.
3) We pray that follow up will be very active to nurture those that received Jesus.
4) Let us pray that this Easter will be a time when many are drawn to Jesus the resurrected one. May all Bulgarian churches, even the Orthodox give extraordinary light to the power of the Lord’s resurrection.
5) Many in Bulgaria and across the Balkan countries has lost faith in the church as an institution. May the word of hope go forth across Bulgaria and especially reclaim the youth.
6) Let us pray for evangelist to be raised up in Bulgaria. This is a great need across the Balkans; evangelist that have a passion for the lost.
7) May 1st is Orthodox Easter and also May Day. May Day is a socialist/communist backed celebration to honor the working class. Let us pray that Jesus would not be over shadowed this coming Sunday.
8) Let us pray for the working class, which is actually all mankind, that they would see Jesus in the midst of their hard work. Market place ministry is available to every Christian.