In our quest to pray for one Balkan country at the end of each month, it just so happened that it is Bosnia Herzegovina's (BH) turn at this time. We also just returned from BH, where we were honored to have been guest speakers for a Prayer Summit at Rafeal Church in the capital, Sarajevo.
Pastors Robert and Sandrina Jurjuvich and their congregation were truly encouraged and built up, but in the same time we were also blessed by the believers and encouraged by their stories.
While there, we met a couple who has led a house of prayer in the city for two years. We were so encouraged! More and more it is being confirmed to us that God is on the move in these last days through houses of prayer.
Acts 15:16-17 (NKJV)
‘After this I will return
And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;
I will rebuild its ruins,
And I will set it up;
So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the Lord who does all these things.’
We were encouraged by news from the locals concerning the government cracking down on corruption and cronyism. The main reason for this crackdown is BH’s path of entry into the European Union. We do consider this an answer to prayer. Over the years of praying for the Balkan countries, corruption has always been high on the list. We rejoice in this and thank each of you who so faithfully pray with us week after week. Your prayers are making a difference!
1) Lord we thank you for the increased desire of Bosnians to build on the foundation of prayer and intercession. May they apply those principles in their lives and ministry.
2) Let us pray that the Lord would come in power and divine purpose to move through BH for the saving of many! Lord raise up evangelists and reveal Your strategy to them.
3) Thank You Jesus for the leaders of the HOP and their sacrifice to intercede for this nation many hours each week. Lord, we ask for the fruit of their labor to be multiplied beyond what they can contain.
4) Let us pray for Rafeal Church and pastors Robert and Sandrina. May they be positioned by the Lord to receive a great harvest of souls in Sarajevo. May their excitement and vision continue to grow.
Malachi 4:1-3 (NKJV)
“For behold, the day is coming,
Burning like an oven,
And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble.
And the day which is coming shall burn them up,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
“That will leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But to you who fear My name
The Sun of Righteousness shall arise
With healing in His wings;
And you shall go out
And grow fat like stall-fed calves.
3 You shall trample the wicked,
For they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet
On the day that I do this,”
Says the Lord of hosts.
5) We believe the above verses are to be declared before the Lord in regards to corruption in BH.
6) Oh Lord, we ask for cleansing fire to come upon the government and business that roots out corruption in BH.
7) Lord, come and replace the wicked with men and women of righteousness. Let us pray for government authorities and business leaders that love justice.
8) Then Jesus, we believe Bosnia will “grow fat like stall-fed calves.” Let us pray for the blessing of increase to come upon those that have in their heart to bless others.
9) Lord, we know that to our natural eyes this seem impossible for present-day BH, but You, oh Lord, are great and mighty and there is nothing impossible for You.