Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Pray for Zagreb, Croatia
There are mixed feelings in this city regarding the new government. Cynicism prevails in the attitudes of the Croatian people. They say things like, “They have promised us reform before but it stays the same.”, or “All the politicians are corrupt, how can we possibly trust them.”
We frequently pray for the government, but today let us pray for the attitude of the people.
Zagreb is a beautiful city compared to other cities in the Balkans. There are nice parks, the city center is truly the heart of the city. Maintenance is prompt and well-organized. It is quite remarkable that there is trash pickup three times a week. On the flip side, taxes are 25%
Recently, Jerry had the chance to witness to four nurses. They started talking about the city. Jerry begin to share all the things he liked about the city and then he listened to their responses; only one of the three nurses was positive. The discussion went really well as the Holy Spirit showed up. Jerry was able to bring them the message of hope for their city and country. He was even able to give a New Testament to one of the nurses who was obviously unchurched.
Our heart is to see hope restored in people and of course we know the One who IS that hope!
1) Our attitudes are much more important to the Lord than our knowledge or even our obedience. Pray for the attitudes of the people of Zagreb and the foreigners that live here.
2) Jeremiah 29:7 And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be carried away captive, and pray to the Lord for it; for in its peace you will have peace. We are captivated by God’s love for this city. Lord, we pray for Your peace to descend upon Zagreb!
3) Galatians 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. Let us pray for the churches of Zagreb, because they do stand responsible for the moral climate of the city.
4) We have a deep desire for Christians of excellence to be raised up in Zagreb. Let us pray for boldness to come upon those that the Lord desires to use to invade the culture. the institutions of government, education, media, etc.
5) One of the pastors leads a monthly prayer meeting for Zagreb and this event will be this coming Friday, Feb. 19th. Pray that these dedicated intercessors from several churches will touch heaven and cause a release of grace upon the city.
6) May the Body of Christ be a light to Zagreb, a city on a hill bringing hope to the hurting.
For more about Intentional Strategies for Transformation see our website - www.ISTgroup.org